Google Home Troubleshooting
When Google Home complains about not being able to connect to the wireless or not having internet access, try the following Google Home Troubleshooting Guide :
- Do a power reset on the Google Home device
- Go to the Google Home app on your smartphone
- Look for a tile that shows your Google Home device as being ready for setup
- Tap on the square to continue and follow the steps given to you
The exception to this troubleshooting process will be when multiple devices are involved. In that case, first try a reboot of your router/firewall.
If your wireless access point is separate from the router/firewall that you use, that should be power cycled before rebooting the router/firewall.
If that doesn’t resolve the problem, do a power reset of the modem supplied by the cable/DSL/Fiber Internet provider.
Google Home Voice Troubleshooting
When Google home starts complaining about not being able to recognize your voice, try these steps to resolve the problemt (Google Home Troubleshooting Guide)
- Do a power reset of the Google Home device
- Go into the Google Home app
- Next Tap the menu icon
- Then Tap on Devices
- Tap on the 3 horizontal dot icon beside the icon for the Google Home device
- Now Tap on Settings
- Tap on More
- Tap on Voice Match
- Tape on Teach your Assistant your voice again option
- And Follow the instructions on the smartphone screen.